- Hot glue gun
- Fabric tape
- Safety pin
Make the ears:
- Cut two large tear-drop shapes from black felt and two smaller tear-drop shapes from pink felt.
- Glue the smaller felt on top of the larger felt, then cut a small vertical line up from the bottom and use a drop of hot glue to pinch the bottoms together, creating an ear shape.
- Safety pin the ears to the beanie.
Create the eyes:
- Cut two yellow cat eyes from felt.
- Cut and glue smaller black pupils in the center of each eye.
- Attach the eyes to the beanie with fabric tape
Make the nose and whiskers:
- Cut a small rounded triangle pink felt nose.
- Cut a white pipe cleaner in half and glue the nose to the center of the pipe cleaners.
- Glue this nose piece to a panel of black felt to make it easier to attach to the beanie.
- Use fabric tape to attach the nose.
Create the tail:
- Cut two matching curved tail pieces from black felt.
- Glue the tail pieces together and stuff the tail as you glue.
- Safety pin the tail to the back of the outfit.
Need inspiration for other cute costumes using the black babysuit? Check out these DIY costumes: Skeleton, Spider, Bat, and Spider Web