- One pink kids top
One brown kids top
- One blue kids bottom
- One face mask in azalea
- Dark brown felt (½ yard)
- Light pink felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Black felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- White felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Red felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Pipe cleaners (6)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Safety pin
- Double sided fabric tape
Do you ever feel like you've created a monster (like when your kiddo gets up early to eat all the leftover cake)? We've got a monstrously fun costume for you to create this Halloween with the Primary DIY Werewolf costume using our Primary essentials. We're happy to say that this monster is only hungry for candycorn.
For the ears:
- Cut two layers each of large pointy ears from brown felt. Cut two slightly smaller inner ear pieces from light pink felt and hot glue the ear pieces together.
- Make cut marks along the sides of the ear pieces for “fur” detail.
- Cut brown felt “fur” pieces for the top and sides of the headband and hot glue everything to the headband.
For the chest fur:
- Cut a large rectangle from brown felt that fits over the chest and torso.
- Cut strips of brown felt and fringe cut one of the long edges to make the fur detail.
- Hot glue the felt strips slightly layered over one another, starting at the bottom edge and working up.
- Attach the chest piece to the front of the PJ top with double sided fabric tape.
For the wrists:
- Cut two strips of brown felt for fur cuffs.
- Fringe cut fur detail long one long edge and attach around the wrists with double sided fabric tape or safety pins.
For the tail:
- Cut two matching layers of brown felt tail pieces.
- Twist 2 sets of 3 pipe cleaners together. Then twist the 2 sets of pipe cleaners together to make one long pipe cleaner piece.
- Hot glue the pipe cleaners sandwiched in between the layers of tail pieces.
- Make cut marks along the sides of the tail pieces for “fur” detail. Safety pin the tail to the back of the jeans and bend the tail to curl as you like.