Looking for easy holiday crafts your kids can make themselves? From gift ideas to DIY decor, follow our Holiday Art How-To series for weekly tutorials of easy art projects for kids, inspired by the prints of our holiday family PJs! This week, Fran, our Art Director, is making homemade DIY gift tags, perfect for adding a personal touch when it comes to gift wrapping.
- Blank paper
- Markers or colored pencils
- Hole Puncher
- Choose your color palette. Fran went with red, pink, yellow, blue and green, inspired by our navy fair isle print.
- Start by coloring freely. Don’t worry about being too neat or staying inside the lines. There are no rules!
- Once all the pieces are colored in, draw in shapes on a separate piece of paper. Fran chose to draw a star, a heart, and a tree, which will act as stencils.
- Cut out your stencils, then place them on the artwork and trace around them to give yourself a cutting guide.
- Next, carefully cut out the shapes.
- Then, cut out little cards with a separate piece of paper. Glue each shape onto them.
- Hole punch a hole in the top corner of the cards. Then add string.
- Tie or tape your new tags to a wrapped present (like your DIY Photo Snow Globe) and write your note!
Happy holidays, and happy crafting! Share what you made with us on social @primarydotcom with #yesprimary, and save in our Up to 50% Off Holiday Sale!