At Primary, we take Halloween *very* seriously — to us, there’s nothing spookier than not having a costume ready once October hits. We also recognize that there’s no need to break your back (or the bank) to make your child’s wildest costume dreams come alive. Here’s how to make no-sew wings, inspired by our furred and feathered friends…
1. Gather your materials! Start with scissors, hot glue, two yards of white felt, and a large pack of multicolored felt.
2. Cut a large half moon out of felt.
3. Cut several multi-colored “feathers” and adhere them to the half moon (both sides) with hot glue in rows, working from the bottom up.
4. Glue four loops of felt to create “straps”: two around the shoulders, and two around the wrists.
5. Fly, birdie, fly, off to candy coma bliss!
Watch the full tutorial, or take a peek at more Halloween animal costume hacks. Happy crafting!
P.S. Shop super soft, super DIY-able kids basics in a rainbow of colors that work double duty — wear out to a night of trick-or-treating and then straight to bed.
P.P.S. For more no-sew costume accessory tutorials, check out our five favorite hacks here!