At Primary, we take Halloween *very* seriously — to us, there’s nothing spookier than not having a costume ready once October hits. We also recognize that there’s no need to break your back (or the bank) to make your child’s wildest costume dreams come alive. Here’s how to make pin-on ears, inspired by our furred and feathered friends…
1. Gather the goods! Start with scissors, hot glue, two pin backs, and felt in two colors of your choice.
2. Cut two large tear-drop shapes from one color of the felt and two smaller tear-drop shapes from the other color.
3. Glue the smaller felt on top of the larger felt, then cut a small vertical line up from the bottom and use a drop of hot glue to pinch the bottoms together, creating an ear shape.
4. Hot glue the pin backs to the back of the ear.
5. Pin to a hoodie or hat, and listen for the unmistakable crinkle of candy wrappers on Halloween night.
Watch the full tutorial, or take a peek at more Halloween animal costume hacks. Happy crafting!
P.S. Shop super soft, super DIY-able kids basics in a rainbow of colors that work double duty — wear out to a night of trick-or-treating and then straight to bed.
P.P.S. For more no-sew costume accessory tutorials, check out our five favorite hacks here!