How We Holiday: The Bernard Family
'Tis the season for holiday-themed rapid fire interviews.
by Team Primary
At Primary, we believe there’s no wrong way to holiday. When we brought our co-founders and their kids to model our new Mix-and-Match Family PJs, we sat them down for a fun lightning round of holiday questions. Here's Galyn's...
Hot chocolate or eggnog? Hot chocolate (read: Reddi Wip).
- Favorite holiday movie? Elf with the kids; the original Frosty, Rudolph or Grinch after they go to bed — those get me every time!
- What's on the top of your wishlist? A fun/adventure-y vacation.
- Favorite gift you've ever been given? Always the kids’ handmade gifts that come home from school!
- Favorite gift you ever gave? I got my husband an oven mitt that says “F***, I love cheese.” — it makes me laugh every time I see it.
- Ice skating or sledding? Sledding, but only on a big hill with no trees!
- Favorite place to spend the holidays? My living room, as close to the fireplace as physically possible without actually crawling inside.
- Favorite holiday meal? Christmas morning-ish: Shrimp and grits with andouille sausage and brandy milk punch.
- Funniest item on your child's wish list (of all time)? A farm.
- Would you rather get a useful gift or a fun gift? Fun!
- Would you rather have tinsel for hair or no hair at all? Gorgeous tinsel hair, please.
- Pumpkin pie or apple pie? All the pies.
- Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe? Yes! We have the cutest little felt one that is always the most fun to find in the ornament box.
- Favorite SNL holiday skit? I’m not sure if it counts but the Adele Hello Thanksgiving skit is tough to beat.
- Mulled wine or hot toddies? Smelling mulled wine, drinking regular wine.
- Would you rather wear an ugly sweater or elf slippers for the entire month of December? Ugly sweater (I am always freezing so I would probably even sleep in it).
- Real tree or artificial? Real! We always cut our own.
- Holiday song most likely to get stuck in your head? "Oh the weather outside is...weather," (maybe the funniest Paul Rudd line ever - from Forgetting Sarah Marshall).
- Rise early or sleep late on holiday break? Ideally a little of each, but I always end up somewhere in between.
- Probability that your family's holiday card will show everyone in matching Primary PJs? Very high.
- Ski slopes or ski lodges? Two or three slopes and then I’m all about the lodge.
Thank you so much, Galyn! Where can we find one of those oven mitts?