If a puppy isn't in your future, but an empty afternoon is, we've got a great idea for you and the kids! Say hello to a pet that requires no feeding, no walking, AND no cleaning up. Pet rocks are a perfect summer activity and so much fun! Grab a rock from your outdoor walk and let the fun begin.
- Rocks (the smoother, the easier to paint!)
- Googly eyes
- Acrylic paint + paint brushes
- White glue
- Rinse rocks and allow to completely dry before painting.
- Spread paper towels or newspaper on your work surface and get a small cup of water handy for brush rinsing between colors.
- Paint the details. Create teeth, eyes, hair, the options are endless!
- After paint is completely dry (about an hour), glue on googly eyes for the final touch.
And voilà! Personalized pets to care for—they make great gifts for neighbors, too! As always, share for creations with us on Facebook and Instagram!