Image: Alyson S.
"Help, my kid wants a Zygarde costume!"
- One black kids top
- One green kids bottom
- Cardboard (about one 3’x3’ sheet and five 4’x1’ sheets)
- Black paint and paintbrushes
- Lime green and mint green paper
- Glue stick
- Black elastic sewing band (1” wide)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
For the face
- With a 3’x3’ sheet of cardboard, cut a large triangle in the shape of the Zygrade face in the photo. Paint the whole thing black.
- Cut hexagons from lime and mint green paper and glue them on the face for the eyes. Cut out eye openings on the face piece.
- Cut a length of elastic band about 1-2 shorter than the circumference of the head and glue the ends together.
- Glue the face to the elastic loop to wear over the head.
For the spikes
- Cut the 4’x1’ sheets of cardboard with pointed ends like in the photo.
- Paint the spiked panels black and glue lime green paper hexagons on each panel. Hot glue the panels connected together at the base.
- Glue a black painted rectangle panel of cardboard the size of the child’s back and glue the spikes to the rectangle.
- Glue elastic band straps to the rectangle section to wear the spikes over the back like a backpack.