- One blue kids dress
- One blue kids top
- One blue bottom
- Royal blue felt ( 1.5 - 2 yards)
- Light blue felt ( ¼ yard)
- White felt (5 sheets, 9”x12” each)
- White elastic
- Yellow craft foam (1 sheet 9”x12”)
- Brown felt (1 sheet 9”x12”)
- Brown craft paint & brush
- Wooden dowel (4’ long, 1” diameter)
- Hot glue gun & sticks
- Safety pins
Let your child venture into the mystical world of wizards with this fun Primary DIY Wizard costume!
For the hat:
- Cut out two matching circles from royal blue felt about 12” in diameter for the hat brim. Hot glue these circles together to make a stiffer brim. Cut out a smaller circle in the center of this circle for the head opening. Cut a large triangle about 9” tall with a rounded bottom edge. Roll this into a cone shape and hot glue together and around the head opening circle to make a pointy wizard’s hat. Hot glue an elastic band to the hat to hold it onto the head if necessary.
For the beard:
- Cut a sheet of white felt into a beard shape with an opening for the mouth. Fringe cut strips of white felt for the beard “hairs” and hot glue in layers starting at the bottom of the beard and slightly overlapping each strip as you work your way up. Hot glue a white elastic band to the sides of the beard to wear around the head.
For the vest:
- Cut a long rectangle that fits over the front and back of the body and falls around the knee area. Fold in half hamburger style and cut a 3” wide opening for the front of the vest, and a wider neckline at the top. Cut a long strip of light blue felt for the belt and cut and glue a craft foam crescent moon to the center of the belt. Attach around the waist over the vest with a safety pin.
For the wizard staff:
- Paint the wooden dowel brown. Cut two circles from white felt for the top of the staff and stuff with white felt scraps as you glue it together. Cut and glue brown felt around the base of the white circle orb to attach it to the top of the wooden dowel.