- One yellow kids outfit
14 inch bamboo floral hoop
- White felt (2.5 yards)
- Dark blue felt (3 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Medium blue felt (¼ yard)
- Light blue felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Red felt (¼ yard)
- Yellow felt (¼ yard)
- Orange felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Lime green felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Pom poms (4 in different colors and sizes)
- Pipe cleaner (1 silver)
- Hot glue gun & sticks
- Safety pins
For the flame headpiece:
- Cut two matching flame pieces from orange felt and glue a yellow and a white flame piece to the front orange piece.
- Stuff with stuffing and glue both orange panels together and glue the flame to a headband.
For the body:
- Cut two matching rectangles from white felt that wraps around the bamboo floral hoop and overlaps 4-5 inches and is the length from the child’s shoulder to the shins.
- Glue the top edge of both felt panels together to make a thick and sturdy water heater body base.
- Glue stripes of red, yellow and medium blue felt along the bottom edge of the costume and a yellow stripe around the top edge.
- Make the bottom button panels from lime green and dark blue felt, pom poms, and a pipe cleaner.
- Cut and glue H2O across the center of the water heater using dark blue felt.
- Cut out holes on the sides for the arms.
- Glue the top edge of the felt costume around a 14 inch bamboo floral hoop and overlap ends about 4-5 inches.
- Use safety pins to secure the back closed when wearing the costume.
- Glue a double layer of sturdy felt straps to the bamboo hoop so that the costume sits on the shoulders.