Image: Martha Stewart
Display your DIY skills in full bloom.
- One purple kids dress
- One green kids bottom
- Light purple felt (6 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Dark purple felt (4 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Light green felt (2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Dark green felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Purple ribbon
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Fabric glue, fabric tape or safety pins
- Cut 6 light-purple petals (2 large, 2 medium, 2 small) and four dark-purple designs out of felt. Glue designs onto 4 smaller petals. Glue ribbon onto top third of headband, letting it trail down sides. Wrap tabs of 2 large petals around middle of headband, then glue to back of petal. Repeat with medium petals, attaching one on each side. Wrap 2 small petals' tabs around trailing ribbon, one on each side. Glue tabs to back of petal; secure by gluing top edge of small petals to back of medium petals.
- Cut 3 light-green leaves and dark-green veins out of felt. Glue veins onto leaves and attach to neck of top, either permanently with fabric glue or temporarily with safety pins or double sided fabric tape.