In a world full of horses, be a unicorn.
- One white kids outfit
- Tulle in rainbow colors (1 of each color, 6 inches x 25 yards each spool)
- Yellow, pink, & white foam sheets (1 sheet, 9x12 inches each)
- White felt (1 sheet, 9x12 inches)
- Gold ribbon
- Safety pin
- Hot glue gun & sticks
Some people may say that life isn't all rainbows and unicorns. Prove them wrong this Halloween with the Primary DIY Unicorn costume! Your little one will have so much fun prancing around in our Primary essentials, you'll start to feel the magic too!
For the headband and mane:
- Cut and glue a strip of white craft foam over the headband. Cut a long strip of white felt and glue one end to the center of the headband to make the base for attaching the tulle mane onto.
- Cut 4 strips of tulle about 30 inches long for each color. Fold in half and loop around the white felt strip attached to the headband. Loosley twist the tulle together and knot it at the bottom.
- Cut 2 strips of tulle about 30 inches long for each color and loop next to the same color around white felt mane strip. Repeat for all rainbow colors.
For the horn and ears:
- Roll a yellow foam sheet into a cone shape for the unicorn horn and hot glue together. Glue gold ribbon spiraled around the horn and glue it to the center of the headband.
- Cut two ears from white and pink foam (see our ear tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAFDcK5OvY) and glue to the headband on either side of the horn. Glue a small tuft of red tulle to the headband under the horn for a bit of “bangs”.
For the tail:
- Similar to the mane, cut 30 inch strips of tulle for each color. Hold all the colors together, fold in half, and knot them together.
- Loosely twist a few colors together, knot at the end, and leave the rest of the colors as is. Safety pin the knot to the back of the bottoms.
- For a DIY baby Unicorn, use one white baby outfit.