Image: Krizia C.
- One brown kids top
- One orange kids bottom
- Elmer’s Acid Free Foam Board
- Paint [Brown, Yellow, Red]
- Black Elastic
- Orange Felt [2 sheets 6 x 6 inches]
- String or Yarn [Any color, used to tie the feet over shoes]
- Optional: Turkey Hat
- Hot glue gun and sticks
For the turkey tail:
- Trace out scalloped turkey feathers all the way around the foam board. It should look like a semi-circle of scalloped feathers. Cut out along the traced lines to create the tail. Use a pencil to trace out a few layers of scalloped feathers, following the ones you already cut out.
- Paint the traced out areas is the following pattern Brown, Red, Yellow, Red, Brown - starting from the top of each scallop. Wait for that side to dry and repeat the same steps on the other side.
- Once both sides are dry lay the board flat on the floor and ask your child to lay on top of the board. Position the board where you want it to sit and draw a small line in pencil where your child’s shoulder and neck meets on both sides, and then again where the lowest rib ends on each side.
- Cut two identical strips in length of the black elastic (leave some space for wiggle room). Hot glue both ends of each elastic strip and line them up with the pencil markings on your board. Make sure they are glued vertically, not horizontally!
For the turkey feet:
- Cut two turkey feet out of orange felt. Cut some string or yarn that you have lying around, make sure it’s long enough to wrap around your kiddos ankles.
- Hot glue the string or yarn across the back of the felt feet and voila you have turkey feet!
- Create a beak and gobbler out of felt or use a turkey hat to tie the look together!