Forecast for Halloween: sunshine with a chance of lolipops.
- One yellow baby outfit
- Yellow felt (3 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Stuffing (polyfil, felt scraps, tissue, or newspaper)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
With this DIY costume, the Halloween forecast is full sunshine! We'll bring the Primary essentials, you bring your DIY magic! Sit back and watch your little ray of sunshine shine bright into the night.
For the headband:
- Cut long thin strips of yellow felt to spiral wrap around the headband.
- Use dabs of hot glue as you're wrapping to hold it together.
For the sun rays:
- Cut 5 sets of triangles for the rays of sunshine.
- Hot glue two edges of each triangle together and stuff with whatever you have on hand - tissue, paper towels, felt scraps, or newspaper. Glue the remaining opening closed and hot glue the rays to the base of the headband.
- Start with the center top triangle to center the rays, and then glue the remaining rays on either side of the center.
- Looking for a group costume? Check out our DIY kid Sun and Moon costume.