- One blue kids outfit
- Red felt (7 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Black permanent marker
- Elastic band
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Look out scratchy store bought costumes, it's the Amazing Primary DIY Spiderman! Built with our super soft Primary essentials, your little Spiderman will be able to swing, climb, and protect the neighborhood from evil in a web of comfort. Remember: with great power comes great responsibility (and with great Halloween costumes comes great Primary basics).
For the ankle & wrist details:
- Use red felt and cut out two short and long rectangles to wrap around wrists, and two taller rectangles to wrap around the ankles.
- Draw a spider web design onto the felt with black marker.
- Attach and secure around the wrists and ankles with double sided fabric tape.
For the torso details:
- Cut a long strip of red felt to fit around the waist.
- Cut a large tapered rectangle for the middle of the chest, and two rounded corner triangles for the shoulder pieces.
- Use black marker to draw on the spider web design and spider onto the felt pieces.
- Secure the felt onto the top with double sided fabric tape.
For the mask:
- Cut a mask from red felt, rounding the top edge and cutting a curve on the bottom edge to fit above the nose. Measure and cut out eye openings.
- Draw the spider web design with black marker onto the mask and glue an elastic band to the sides of the mask to fit around the head.