- One blue kids top
- One red kids bottom
- Red felt (2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- White felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches each)
- Safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- For Smurfette hat: Cut two matching curly hat pieces from white felt. If you're having trouble with the shape, samples can be found on the internet to trace and cut out. Hot glue the hat edges together, leaving the bottom edge open for the head.
Smurfette hair: Wrap yellow yarn several times around a book to get the same length of yarn for each braid. Make one wrap for each braid and snip one loop end. Tie a tight knot at one end, and braid the yarn. Knot the other end of the braid with yarn to secure it. Safety pin braids to the inside of the hat.
- For Brainy Smurf: Make a white felt hat as done for Smurfette. Accessorize with eyeglasses.
- For Papa Smurf: Make a red felt hat as done for Smurfette. Cut white eyebrows and glue to the bottom edge of the hat. Cut a white felt beard and safety pin to either side of the hat under the chin.