Dive into DIY this year.
- One gray kids top
- One gray kids bottom
- Two empty 2 liter soda bottles
- Black spray paint
- Masking tape
- Old cable
- Black felt or foam paper (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Green craft foam
- 6 foam hair rollers
Let your little explorer take a deep dive into Halloween with this make-together no-sew DIY Scuba Diver costume! Although our reusable Primary essentials are not actually waterproof, you won't have to hold your breath to see if they'll withstand the wear and tear of exploration! Soak in the adventure, and watch your kid be transformed into a certified scuba diver with some DIY magic and just a little bit of imagination.
For the oxygen tanks
- Spray paint two soda bottles black, then adhere them to the child by wrapping two bands of masking tape (we used green and black) around the torso, a few inches apart.
- Find an old cable (finally a use for those broken earbuds!) and attach one end to the soda bottles and the other to a “mouthpiece” cut from black felt or a sheet of black craft foam.
For the weight belt
- Tape a few foam hair rollers to the lower band of tape, wrapping around the torso again.
For the fins
- Cut two fin shapes out of craft foam and attach them around the ankle with masking tape.
For the final touch
- Top the look off with a set of goggles!
- Want to add some sea creatures to the mix? Check out our DIY Nemo, DIY kids Lobster, DIY baby Lobster, DIY Octopus, and DIY Crab.