- One green kids outfit
- Green felt (½ yard)
- Green paper napkins (about 5 packs of 20 napkins in each pack)
- White felt (1 sheet 9”x12”)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9”x12”)
- Lilac felt ( 1 sheet 9”x12”)
- Orange paper (1 sheet 8.5”x11”)
- Red balloons (2x)
- Safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
For the felt salad base:
- Cut two large rectangles from green felt that covers the child’s torso. Cut a half circle at the top center of the felt for the neckline and hot glue the shoulder seams together.
- Leave openings for the arms, and hot glue the sides of the felt together.
- Cut a vertical line down the center back of the felt for an opening to get into the costume. Use safety pins to hold it together.
For the salad leaves:
- Cut the salad leaves from the green napkins. With the napkin folded as is, cut a wavy line along the 2 open adjacent sides of each napkin.
- Unfold each napkin, which now has matching wavy lines on all 4 sides.
- Pinch each napkin in the center and hot glue napkin “leaves” all over the green felt base piece until it’s nice and full.
For the toppings
- Make salad ingredients such as red onions and hard boiled eggs from felt, and cut shredded carrots from orange paper.
- Hot glue these to the salad leaves. Use 2 red balloons for cherry tomatoes and carefully safety pin the base of the balloons to the felt base of the costume.
- Add salad utensils for accessories, and you’re all set!
- Prefer a sweeter salad? Check out our DIY Fruit Salad costume!
- Have other little ones that want to be vegetables? Check out our DIY Broccoli, DIY Corn, DIY kid Peapod, and DIY Avocado costumes!