Escargot make this for Halloween.
- One purple kids top
- One purple kids bottom
- Poster board or flexible heavyweight cardboard 2 sheets (22 x 28 inches)
- Pack of rainbow felt
- Dinner plate (to use for tracing)
- Orange pipe cleaners (2)
- Green pom poms (2)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- For the snail shell, you can use poster board, or any flexible heavyweight cardboard. Use a large dinner plate to trace two circles for the sides of the shell on the cardboard and cut out. Cut a long rectangle about 8 inches wide, or as wide as you'd like to fit your toddler's back. If you don't have a long continuous strip of cardboard, just glue a couple lengths together as needed. Lay a circle down and some hot glue along the edge, and glue the long cardboard strip on top. Keep laying down glue and the cardboard strip as you go, until the whole circle is enclosed. Lay down glue around the open side edge and place the remaining circle on top. If it doesn't line up perfectly, you can always trim off the excess.
- For the rainbow swirl: Roll strips of felt in rainbow colors and hot glue in a spiral shape starting in the middle and moving out. Repeat on the other side of the shell. Cover the remaining area between the circles with felt and hot glue. Cut 1.5-2" wide straps and hot glue them onto the shell like backpack straps, and measure the length needed for the wearer.
- Make antennas with a headband, pipe cleaners, and pom poms glued to the ends!