Image: Martha Stewart
Perfect for the kid who always sneaks a midnight snack.
- One gray kids outfit
- Headband or Beanie (in lieu of a hoodie)
- Black felt (3 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Faux fur
- Stuffing (polyfil, felt scraps, tissue, or newspaper)
- Permanent black marker
- Safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Make paws and mask:
- Cut out claw-shape pieces of black felt, and glue them onto fingertips of gloves.
- Cut oval holes in a strip of felt to fit your child’s face; use a safety pin to secure it in back.
- Cut out a large triangle of faux fur and give it thick black stripes using a permanent marker.
- Glue edges to each other to form a cone shape. Stuff tail with cotton batting (or a plastic bag, or newspaper) and pin onto comfy pants.
- Cut out two 1.5-inch strips of faux fur and glue them around wrists of hoodie.
- Cut out a tombstone-shape piece of fur; cut it in half, and glue one piece onto each side of zipper. Cut two 2-inch-tall triangles, and glue edges onto hood as ears.