- One blue kids dress
- One pink kids bottom
- Pink tulle (2 rolls 6 inches x 25 yds)
- Elastic band
- Hot pink felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches)
- Green felt (¼ yard)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Medium blue felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches)
- Yellow (2) and blue (1) pom poms
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
Once your little one is all dressed up in this DIY Queen Poppy (Trolls) costume, all you'll want to do is sing, and dance, and hug too! This is one of our favorite costumes, and how couldn't it be?! Adorable, easy to put together, and oh-so comfy with our Primary basics. As soon as you put this instant-classic together, no one will be able to "stop the feeling" they get when they see your little Troll all dressed up and happy as can be!
For the hair:
- Cut an elastic band that’s about 1-2 inches less than the child’s head circumference. Hot glue the ends together to make a headband.
- Cut about 40 inch lengths of pink tulle. Hold 2 strips together, fold in half, and loop it around the elastic headband. Repeat until the headband is nice and full.
- Use a small piece of pink tulle to tie the tulle hair together to make a ponytail that sticks straight up.
- Cut and glue 2 layers of pink felt together for each ear. Pinch and glue the bottom edges together to give it more shape, then hot glue the ears to the sides of the hair piece.
- Cut a crown from green felt, and cut and glue three blue flowers with pom pom centers to the crown. Hot glue to the front of the hairpiece.
For the dress:
- Cut a strip of green felt with 3 points that fit along the bottom edge of the dress.
- Cut 3 felt blue tulips, and 4 small circle dots from yellow felt. Use double sided fabric tape to attach all pieces to the dress.