If you're happy and you know it, make a Troll costume for Halloween!
- One blue kids dress
- One pink kids outfit
- White felt (2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Pink felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Green felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Blue felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Hot pink tulle
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Once your little one is all dressed up in this DIY Poppy costume, all you'll want to do is sing, and dance, and hug too! This is one of our favorite costumes, and how couldn't it be?! Adorable, easy to put together, and oh-so comfy with our Primary essentials. As soon as you put this instant-classic together, no one will be able to "stop the feeling" they get when they see your little Troll all dressed up and happy as can be!
For Poppy's dress:
- Cut a long rectangle of white felt and slope to three points.
- Cut three large white teardrops, and six skinnier teardrops and attach above the points with double sided fabric tape to the dress.
For Poppy's hair:
- Cut 24-30 inch long strips of hot pink tulle
- Loop the tulle strips across a head band, using 2-3 strips in each loop to create a full head of hair and use the shorter pieces in the middle and the longer pieces closer to the sides.
- Bunch the hair together at the top and tie with a piece of pink tulle.
For Poppy's ears:
- Cut two big pink teardrops from felt.
- Pinch at the bottom and hot glue to either side of the hair at the bottom.
For Poppy's headband:
- Cut a long skinny strip of green felt to fit around the hair. Cut three blue flowers from felt and hot glue to the front of the green felt head band. Secure around the pink hair with glue.
- Looking for a DIY Branch to match your Poppy? Find our DIY kids Branch costume here.
- Have a baby that wants to be Poppy? Use our baby dress in blue and a pink baby outfit!