- One blue kids outfit
- One red hat
- Rain boots
- Cardboard cereal boxes or shoe boxes (2)
- Paper bag (1)
- Neutral colored yarn (about 3 feet)
- Wooden toggle beads or 2 inch pieces of dowel rod (3)
- Marmalade sandwich (optional)
- Black permanent marker
- Hot glue gun
For Paddington's "duffle coat":
- Cut six half-circle shapes out of cardboard and hot glue three on either side of the zipper. Cut six 4 inch pieces of yarn.
- With 3 of them, fold them in half, and glue the ends together in the center of each half-circle along the left side of the zipper. With the other 3 pieces of yarn, loop the middle of the yarn pieces through or around the wooden toggle bead or dowel rod pieces.
- Glue the ends of the string together in the center of each half-circle on the right side of the zipper.
- The bead can be strung across the zipper and looped through the opposite yarn loop.
For Paddington's tag:
- Cut a six-sided "tag" shape out of the cardboard and write "Please look after this bear" on it with permanent marker.
- Cut or punch a hole and thread string through it. Attach it to costume or "suitcase" as desired.
For Paddington's suitcase:
- Cut a paper bag open and turn it inside out. Wrap the paper around the cereal box as if it were a present, with only the plain brown side exposed.
- Cut a strip from the other cereal box cardboard and hot glue it on the top to make a handle.
- Use permanent marker to add details to the suitcase with phrases like, "P.B" and "Wanted on Voyage".
- Optional: cut a slit in the back of the suitcase large enough to fit candy for trick-or-treating!