Head of the Dora Milage, head of the playground.
- One red kids top
- One black kids bottom
- Dark brown felt (5 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Light brown felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Yellow felt (4 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Gold fabric (½ yard)
- Cardboard (small piece for the spear blade)
- Wooden dowel (36 inches long)
- Yellow pipe cleaners (4)
- Silver metallic paint
- Paint tray or paper plate
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
For the spear:
- Paint a wooden dowel silver. Cut two pointy triangles for the spear and paint silver on both sides. Once Dry, Hot glue the triangles to the top of the dowel. Twist two pipe cleaners next to each other around the dowel, and repeat to make the two hand grips.
For the chest pieces:
- Cut a curved “V” shape, and three strips of dark brown felt. Attach the “V” shape to the top of the tank, a felt strip across the waist, and two felt strips connecting the top and bottom felt pieces on the sides with fabric tape. For the shoulder armor: Cut two long rectangles from yellow felt that’s as wide as the sleeve. Trim the bottom edges to a point. Cut four yellow felt rectangles that are a little wider than the sleeve width. Trim two rectangles to a point at the bottom - one for each side. Start with this pointed piece, and glue just the top corners of the rectangle to the middle of the long base piece. The felt will dome and have more shape. Glue three more rectangles in tiers and just at the top corners to the base felt. Attach to the top of the shoulder with fabric tape and it will curve and dome over the shoulder like the real armor piece!
For the wristbands:
- Cut two long rectangles to fit around the wrists and attach with fabric tape.
For the center belt:
- Cut two long strips of dark brown felt and glue together to make one long length. Trim to the length needed for the center belt piece to hang from the waist to the knees. Cut the top and bottom edges to a point. Cut wide “V” shapes to match the width of the belt from light brown felt. Cut three smaller triangles and glue to the top of the belt. Glue the wide “V” ‘s to the rest of the belt with space in between like stripes. Cut an oval from yellow felt and Cut two pointy ears at the top. Glue to the center of the belt near the top. Glue this center belt piece to the horizontal felt chest piece.
For the belt and skirt:
- Cut two long dark brown felt strips and glue together to make one long belt, enough to wrap around the waist. Cut the gold fabric in a large “U” shape and glue to the belt. Attach the belt around the waist with safety pins or fabric tape.
For the neck piece:
- Cut a yellow rectangle to fit loosely around the neck. Cut another rectangle from yellow felt and fringe cut the bottom edge. Glue the fringe piece to the center of the neck piece and attach around the neck with fabric tape.