- One yellow kids top
- Yellow beanie
- Black felt
- White felt
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Double sided fabric tape
You know what's really Despicable? Having to wear an itchy store-bought costume on Halloween. Bring Gru's favorite little yellow followers to life with the Primary DIY Minions costume! Complete the transformation using these easy instructions and our Primary essentials. It's a good thing your kiddos will have goggles to complete their disguise, because the paparazzi goes crazy for Minions. Seriously, it's so fluffy, I'm gonna die.
For the minion eyes:
- Cut two circles from black felt about 3” diameter, two circles from white felt about 2” diameter, and cut two smaller circles from black felt about 1” diameter for the eyes and hot glue together.
- Cut two black strips of felt for the “goggle straps” and glue to the sides of the eyes.
- Attach to your beanie with double sided fabric tape.
For the overalls:
- Either use your own overalls, or if you want to create your own, follow the instructions on our alternate DIY Minion costume page!
- For an alternate Minion interpretation, check out our DIY Minion costume!
- For a warmer look, use our hoodie in yellow, and attach the eyes to the hood instead of a beanie!
- For a DIY baby Minion, use our babysuit in yellow, baby bottom in blue, your own yellow baby beanie, and follow the suspenders tutorial on our DIY Baby Mario costume page!
- For a DIY kid Gru, use our kids hoodie and top and kids bottom in black to easily create a rewearable DIY Traxedo, and pair with your favorite dark-colored scarf!
- For a DIY kid Lucy Wilde, use our kids dress in blue and pair with your favorite sunglasses and pink polka dot scarf!