Bring your favorite "sea cow" to life this year with our DIY Manatee costume! Just like the manatee's layers keep them nice and warm, your little one will stay cozy this Halloween night with our soft Primary essentials.
For the face
- Use some gray felt and cut out two half circles for the manatee's snout. Use hot glue to glue the edges of the pieces together, leaving one side open so you can stuff it. Turn the glued snout inside out for a smoother seam, then stuff with poly fill, tissues, or even leftover felt. Once it's stuffed, cut out another felt piece to glue to the bottom of the snout. Add two black oval felt pieces for the nostrils. Attach the snout to the hood using safety pins.
- For the eyes, cut out two white circles out of felt and then two smaller black circles. Glue the black circles to the center of the white circles, and then attach the eyes to the hood using fabric tape. (We like using fabric tape or safety pins so that after Halloween is over you can just take everything off and get more use out of the hoodie!)
For the hands
- Wear gray oven mitts or mittens in gray.
For the tail
- Use the same glue and stuff method described above using either gray felt or gray fabric. Create a long tail with a fin shape at the end.
- You can attach the tail to the seat of the hoodie using safety pins, or you can add an elastic loop so to around their waist.
- Alternatively, if you don't want to do a whole stuffed tail, just make the fin shape using felt, cut it in half vertically, and attach the halves to the back of their lower legs to get the look of a fin without a whole stuffed tail.