- One blue kids dress
- One white kids top
- Yellow felt (4 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Black felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Red felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Large dinner plate (to use for tracing)
- Small bowl (to use for tracing)
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
This DIY Madeline costume will have you saying, "Something is not right. How can this be so easy to make, yet still so precious a sight?" We can't believe that all it takes to transport your little one to an old house in Paris covered in vines is our Primary essentials, some felt, and just a little bit of DIY mischief. As hard as it is to believe, trust us - that's all there is, there isn't any more.
For the hat:
- Use a large dinner plate to trace and cut a circle from yellow felt.
- Use a smaller bowl roughly the diameter of the wearer's head to trace and cut a circle in the center of the larger circle. If you can, can cut out the center circle cleanly around the edge.
- Cut a length of yellow felt and hot glue the long edge around the smaller circle cutout. Glue the smaller circle of felt on top of the hat.
- Cut a long strip of black felt and glue around the hat base. Cut two thin long strips of black felt and glue together at the back of the hat.
For the ribbon:
- Cut two long thin strips of red felt and cut the ends at an angle.
- Cut another strip of felt and fold both ends to the middle and glue.
- Glue this to the top of the two thin strips of felt.
- Attach at the collar of the top with double sided fabric tape.
- For an all out Madeline look, kiddos without red hair can add some kid-safe red hair color spray!