- One orange kids outfit
- White felt (½ yard)
- Gray felt (¼ yard)
- Light gray marker
- Blue paint
- Paintbrush and paint tray
- Black tape
- Rope or cord
- One white kids outfit
- White felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Silver tape
- Orange tape
- Long white skirt
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
This Halloween, it won't really matter who won the Star Wars battles against the Galactic Empire – one thing is clear, your little ones will win Halloween with the Primary DIY Luke and Leia costume. These siblings are a power duo if we've ever seen one. This Halloween your brave kiddos will stand up to ghosts, ghouls, and itchy store-bought costumes too.
For the vest:
- Cut two squares from white felt to fit over the chest and back. Cut a rectangle from the top of both squares for the head and neck opening and half a “U” shape on the sides for the arm openings. Hot glue the shoulder seams together and one side of the vest, leaving the other side open to get into the vest. Secure the side opening closed with double sided fabric tape. Use a light gray marker to draw the horizontal lines across the vest.
For the controller chest plate:
- Cut a piece of cardboard into a square and paint it blue. Glue white and grey felt squares onto the cardboard for the buttons. Cut two long strips of gray felt for the plate straps and glue to the back of the cardboard and attach to the vest shoulders with hot glue.
For the tube:
- Cover a rope or thick cord with black tape and glue it to the back of the cardboard plate and safety pin the other end to the inside of the pocket of the sweatpant.
- Accessorize with a black bike helmet, light saber, and black galoshes.
For the belt:
- Cut a sheet of white felt with a wide “V” shape in the center. Cut two felt straps and hot glue to the sides of the front felt. Use silver and orange tape to make the designs on the front of the belt. Attach around the waist with a safety pin.
- Wear with a long white skirt, two hair buns, and a blaster!