- One green baby top
- One orange baby bottom
- White felt 8.5x11
- Red felt 8.5x11
- 2 Light green felt 8.5 x 11
- 2 Dark green felt 8.5 x 11
- Double-sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Optional: Quilt batting to ‘puff’ up the lips around the hood
We know how wandering aimlessly in the costume store can feel like being in a Little Shop of Horrors. Suddenly Primary is here to provide you with this extraordinary DIY Audrey II costume! Once your hungry little monster is all dressed up in our soft Primary essentials, we have a feeling they will finally be satisfied. You won't Sey-mour fun costumes than this one!
For the teeth:
- Cutting along the long edge of the white felt, create 2 rows of ‘teeth’ (approximately 3” from edge of strip to edge of tooth), keeping each tooth connected so you have 2 strips of teeth. Along the straight edge of each strip of teeth, apply double-sided fabric tape. Set aside.
- Cut (2) 3” strips from the long side of the red felt to create the lips of the plant. (11”x3”) Line each edge on the same side with 11” of double-sided fabric tape. Wrap this around the edge of the opening of your hoodie pressing firmly to affix.
- Optional: Stuff a thin strip of quilt batting inside this red piece of felt along the hood edge to create a more 3-D lip.
- Affix strips of teeth to the inside edge of the red felt, so that just the jagged parts of each tooth strip are visible from outside the hood.
For the vines:
- Cut (4) 2”x11” strips from the green felt. Using double-sided fabric tape to secure, roll the felt into ‘vines’.
- If you want them extra curly, you could use pipe cleaners inside each vine so it is more pliable.
For the leaves:
- Create 1-2 different leaf ‘patterns’ out of a piece of cardboard or heavy-weight paper. We just looked up leaf shapes online and made our own patterns out of all remaining green felt (about 10-12 leaves are shown here).
- Place a piece of double-sided fabric tape on the back of each leaf. Starting where the hood connects to the body of the hoodie, layer leaves in alternating color and/or leaf types to create a ‘collar’ of leaves around the neck.
- Using double-sided fabric tape, affix the ‘vines’ between the layers of leaves.
For the final touches:
- Cut a 4”x6” (approx.) rectangle out of the remaining white felt.
- Cut the letters ‘FEED ME’ out of remaining red felt. Affix to the white rectangle with hot glue, and affix to the front of the hoodie with double sided fabric tape.
- Pair your DIY'd hoodie with our bottoms in brown or red, acting as the flower pot (or coffee can in the case of this character)!
- Have a kid that wants to be Audrey II, too? Check out our DIY Venus Flytrap and Fly and simply add red detail around the hood and "FEED ME!" in felt!