- One yellow kids top
- One yellow kids bottom
- Tan felt (4 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Orange felt (4 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Brown felt (4 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Stuffing (polyfil, felt scraps, tissue, or newspaper)
- Safety pins
- Black makeup pencil
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Help your kiddo channel their inner king of the savanna with our Primary DIY Lion costume. Your cub will be cute and cozy in our reusable Primary essentials. Lions are avid hunters – but this one is only hungry for candy!
For the mane:
- Cut a strip of felt about 2 inches wide and the length of the headband. this will the the base for the lion mane that you will later hot glue to the headband.
- Cut strips of tan, orange, and brown felt about 2 inches wide and 8 inches long.
- Fold each strip in half and hot glue the cut ends to the strip of felt for the headband base. Make the mane as full as you like.
For the wrist and feet fur:
- Cut and attach similar loops of felt for the mane, around the sleeve and feet openings with fabric tape.
For the tail:
- Cut two matching strips of tan felt about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Hot glue the top, bottom, and one of the long edges of the tail together.
- Stuff with any kind of stuffing you have on hand - tissue, paper towel, or even newspaper.
- Then hot glue the remaining long edge closed.
- Cut similar strips of felt as you did for the mane, and hot glue to the end of the tail.
- Safety pin the tail to the back of the costume.
Use a makeup pencil to draw on whiskers and they're ready to rawr!