- One red babysuit
- Red headband
- Cardboard (approximately 8 X 11 inches)
- Red Paint
- Black Ribbon (approximately 1 inch thick)
- Scissors/Box Cutter
Add some aquatic magic to the Halloween fun this year with our Primary DIY Lifeguard costume using our Primary essentials. Kiddo can't swim? Not a problem. The only requirement is to look cute in a onesie. Bonus points for water wings.
For the buoy
- Using the pencil, draw an outline of the lifeguard buoy on the cardboard. Be sure to include two holes for the handle.
- Utilize the scissors to cut out along the outline of the buoy.
- For the two handle openings, utilize the box cutter to avoid bending the cardboard.
- Once you are happy with your cut out, paint the buoy in your favorite red paint and allow to dry.
- Once dried, cut the black ribbon to ensure it is long enough to wrap around the body of the buoy.
- Tape the black ribbon on the back of the buoy.
For the headband
- Any soft headband will work here but red is preferable to match the swimsuit!
- Add a whistle, baby sun hat & baby jet setter aviators for some extra fun look!
- Use white tape to add a cross on the swim top for more pop.