- Black craft foam (1 sheet 12 x 18 inches)
- Yellow craft foam (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Lime green craft foam (1 sheet 6 x 9 inches)
- Kelly green craft foam (2 sheets 12 x 18 inches each)
- Small and large bowl (to use for tracing circles)
- Printed 4 leaf clover pattern
- Pinbacks (1 inch)
- Safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Add some magic to your kiddo's dress-up with our Primary DIY Leprechaun costume! You can bring this cheerful mythical creature to life with our comfy reusable basics. Here at Primary, we're crazy about rainbows, too – and who doesn't love a pot of gold?
For the hat
- Cut a 12 inch diameter circle from green felt for the brim of the hat and cut a 6” diameter circle from the center of the large circle. We used a large round serving bowl to trace the larger circle and a smaller cereal bowl for the smaller circle.
- Cut a green foam rectangle the full length of the 18” sheet and 8” tall. You’ll need about 4” more in length, so cut a 4” x 8” piece to glue to the 18” piece. Cut ½ inch tabs along the bottom edge to help attach around the inside smaller circle. Glue the tabs folded under the inside of the smaller circle to form the hat. Then glue the open edge closed, sealing the cylinder.
- Cut a 2” length of black foam to fit around the hat and glue around the base of the hat cylinder. Cut a 3 “square then a 2” square in the middle of it for the hat buckle, from yellow foam. Glue in the middle of the black foam strip.
For the belt
- Cut a long black strip of foam that fits around child’s waist with a little extra length to safety pin together.
- Cut a 4” yellow foam square, then cut a 3” square in the middle of that square to make the belt buckle. Hot glue it to the center front of the black belt.
- Attach around the waist with safety pins
For the bow tie
- Cut a 6” x 4” rectangle from green felt. Cut a ½ “ x 4” green foam strip. Fold the center of the larger rectangle like an accordion and wrap the smaller rectangle around the center and glue together.
- Glue a pin to the back center of the bow tie to attach to the collar.
For the 4 Leaf Clover
- Print and cut out the 4 leaf clover pattern. Trace around the cut out clover onto the lime green foam. Cut out and glue a pin to the back of it.