- One blue kids top
- One black kids bottom
- White felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Yellow felt (4 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Blue felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Blue poster board
- White feather
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
This Halloween, march to the beat of your own drum and say no to scratchy storebought costumes with our DIY Marching Band costume! Our soft Primary essentials will keep your little one warm and in perfect form marching house to house!
For the hat
- Cut a rectangle for the body of the hat from blue poster board, roll it into a cylinder and glue together. Cut a curved brim for the hat from blue poster board and glue to the base of the hat.
- Cut and glue two strips of yellow felt in a criss cross shape around the front of the hat. Glue a long white feather to the center front of the hat and cut a blue circle and glue to the center bottom of the feather.
- Glue an elastic band to either side of the hat to secure it under the chin and help keep the hat on.
For the bib
- Cut the bib shape from white felt. Cut three yellow felt embellishment pieces and glue onto the bib. Cut 6 blue felt circles for the buttons and glue two onto each yellow embellishment piece. Cut two long strips of yellow felt and glue in half. Glue on on either side of the shoulder section of the bib. Attach to the crewneck sweater with double sided fabric tape.
For the cuffs
- Cut two rectangles to fit the wrists and trim them to a V shape at the center. Cut and glue a yellow felt strip to the straight edge of the cuff. Cut and glue a blue felt button to each cuff just below the pointed V shape. Attach around the wrists with double sided fabric tape.
For the pant stripes
- Cut long skinny strips of yellow felt and attach to the sides of the pant legs with double sided fabric tape.
For the final touch
- Accessorize with a toy trumpet.
- Make a whole DIY Marching Band Crew (if you can get all your kids to agree to it)!
- For a DIY baby Marching Band Member, use our babysuit in blue and baby bottom in black!