- Yellow electrical tape
- Fabric chalk or marker
- Double sided fabric tape
Despite the Joker's best efforts, this Primary DIY Batman costume is so easy you'll finish it without even batting an eye. Our soft Primary essentials will keep them warm and comfy all night. Gotham city will be seriously impressed with your DIY prowess! The best part is that after Halloween is over this superhero costume will transform into a brand new full Primary PJ set for your little Bruce Wayne to re-wear– Bruce is a big believer in naptime.
Create the mask and ears:
- Cut a strip of black felt that fits around the wearer's head. Place felt over the eyes and mark where the eye openings should be with a marker.
- Cut out the eye openings and cut small a semi-circle along the bottom middle edge to reveal the nose. Secure around head with fabric tape.
- Cut two pointy ears from black felt and glue to a headband for the ears.
- For an alternate way, use face paint.
Make the Batman emblem:
- Cut a large oval from yellow felt and cut the Batman symbol from black felt.
- You can find the image on the internet to print and trace.
- Stick together with fabric tape and attach with fabric tape to the top.
Make the belt:
- Cut a piece of yellow electrical tape to wrap comfortably around the waist
- Wrap additional strips of electrical tape around waist until belt is desired width
Make the cape:
- Cut a large rectangle of black fabric
- Attach black fabric to the collar of the shirt top by using fabric tape, safety pins, or hot glue