- Hot glue
- Fabric tape
Never before have a frog and a pig been such an enviable pair. This Halloween, your kiddos can bring these beloved Muppets to life with our Primary DIY Kermit and Miss Piggy costume, using our Primary essentials. This iconic look would make Jim Henson proud.
- For a Kermit the frog costume, start with any of our basics like our footie in green.
- For the collar, cut a strip of light green felt that's long enough to go around your child's neck. Cut out triangles out of the same color felt, and using hot glue, glue them to the strip (one on each side, sandwiching the stripe between two triangles. Use fabric tape to secure the two ends of the collar together around your child's neck.
- For the eyes, you'll need a headband, styrofoam ball, more green felt, and a small amount of black felt. Glue a strip of green felt to the top of the headband, covering it. Cut the styrofoam ball in half and glue each half to the headband. Cut out the shape of Kermit's pupils using black felt, and glue that to the styrofoam balls.
For Miss Piggy:
- For a Miss Piggy costume, start with our dress plus kids bottoms in pink, and add long gloves and a pearl necklace.
- For the ears, cover a headband in pink felt, and then make pink ears with felt using the method in this video. Glue the ears onto the headband, and you're done!