Image: Martha Stewart
- One white kids outfit
- Bubble wrap (large and small)
- Iridescent cellophane
- White tape
- Hot-glue gun
Kiddos can be like jellyfish – they're cute and squishy, and they'll randomly sting you once in a while! This Halloween, follow our easy instructions for this DIY Jellyfish costume using Primary basics to create a sea creature that is super-soft, super-sweet... and not-so-slimy.
Make the tentacles:
- To make 8 tentacles, cut strips of large bubble wrap on the diagonal between bubbles, varying lengths by taping 2 or 3 strips, end to end, with clear tape.
- Cut 16 strips of small bubble wrap 22 inches long and 5 inches wide; shred and twist 1 long edge of each.
- Cut 8 same-size strips of cellophane sandwiching each between 2 bubble strips. Cut 2 base strips from small bubble wrap, 10 inches wide; shred long edges.
- Cut 8 strips of small bubble warp; shred 1 edge of each. Hot-glue smooth edges of 4 strips to each center strip.
- Open umbrella, and cover any metal or black parts with white tape. Tape thin tentacles to inside rim of each umbrella panel.
- Tape thick tentacles to cross spokes at top of umbrella. (Tip: Ensure to glue smooth edges of tentacles to umbrella spokes as plastic will melt.)