Your child will love being the pumpkin king this halloween with this adorable DIY Jack Skellington Costume
- One black kids top
- One black kids bottom
- Black felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- White felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Silver fabric paint
- White and black face paint
- Santa hat
- Paint tray or paper plate
- Fabric glue
- Double sided fabric tape
Bring the iconic protagonist of the Nightmare Before Christmas to life with our Primary DIY Jack Skellington costume for your kiddo. With these easy DIY instructions using our Primary essentials, you won't have any Nightmares Before Halloween this year!
- Using silver paint, paint vertical stripes on the pj pants. For the shirt, cut a big U shape from white felt and glue it to the center top of the sweater. Paint a silver border for the jacket lapels a couple inches outside the felt U shape. Paint thin vertical stripes all around the body of the shirt and down the sleeves. Paint a horizontal line 2 inches below the bottom of the U and a white circle button above the horizontal line.
- For the "bow tie" piece, cut out a cat face silhouette using black felt, and paint eyes on it using the silver paint. Cut out two three-pronged "wing" pieces for the rest, attaching them to the back of the cat using a hot glue gun. Paint silver stripes onto the felt "wings." Use fabric tape or a safety pin to secure the bow tie just under the neck of the pj top.
- Add some face paint and a santa hat and you are done!