Skip to content
One kids puffer vest
One blue kids outfit
- Empty paper towel roll or cardboard tube
- Silver pipe cleaners (2)
- Aluminum foil
- Hot glue gun & sticks
- Clear tape
- Black marker
- Black elastic bands
- Double sided fabric tape/safety pins/elastic band
- Black paper strips
- Cardboard (6 panels)
For the head:
- Cut an empty paper towel holder in half and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Cut a long thin strip of cardboard and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Cut two vertical slits near the base of the paper roll and insert the cardboard strip through the slits.
- Poke 4 holes near the top of the paper roll and thread silver pipe cleaners through so that they criss cross.
- Glue the base of the paper roll to a headband to wear this piece on the head.
For the arms:
- Cut 4 long cardboard panels and cover them with aluminum foil.
- Use a ruler and black marker to draw the solar panel lines on the panels. Glue a strip of black paper vertically in the center of each panel.
- Cut and glue black elastic band loops together that fit over the arms and glue the cardboard panels to the elastic to wear 2 over each arm.
For the chest:
- Make the centerpiece of the ISS from cardboard and aluminum foil.
- Attach this piece to the front of the body with double sided fabric tape, safety pins, or an elastic band that holds it around the chest.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.