- One white baby outfit
- Several sheets white felt
- One sheet adhesive black felt
- One sheet yellow felt
- Bag of white feathers
- Kids sized adjustable white sleeping eye mask
- Hot glue gun
- Lots of hot glue sticks
This costume is the best in the nest. Help your kiddo channel the beloved feathered companion of a beloved young wizard with our Primary DIY Hedwig Snowy Owl (Harry Potter) costume. When they're wearing our Primary essentials, your little one will feel as soft and snuggly as they look. What a hoot!
For the body:
- Cut approximately 100 white feathers, with slight variation in size and shape.
- Hot glue in rows, starting at the bottom and working your way up to just below the collar. Smaller feathers on bottom and top, larger toward the middle.
- If you'd like to reuse the babysuit, you can measure out a piece of white felt to glue the felt feathers onto and use fabric tape to secure the piece onto the babysuit.
- Add feathers or tiny black flecks to taste.
For the face:
- Frame the upper and outer edges of the mask by hot gluing white feathers on. Layer to taste.
- Cut out 2 yellow circles. Glue on to face mask where eyes will go.
- Cut out 2 slightly smaller black circles. Glue onto yellow circles.
- Cut out 2 tiny white specs and glue somewhere along the radius of the 2 black circles to give the eyes some sparkle.
- Cut a beak shape out of black felt and glue in the bottom center of the mask.
- For a DIY kid Hedwig, use one white kids outfit!
- Have other magical kiddos in your house? Check out DIY baby Harry Potter costume
- Want to make a whole DIY Bird crew? Check out our DIY Bird, DIY Bluebird, DIY Chicken, DIY Flamingoes, DIY Phoenix, DIY Peregrine Falcon, DIY baby Hei Hei, DIY kid Hei Hei, DIY Parrot, DIY Peacock, DIY Rubber Duckey, DIY baby Turkey, and DIY kid Turkey costumes!