- One green kids outfit
- Green felt (1 yard of felt and 1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Toy bow and arrow
- Hot glue gun and sticks
This Halloween, it's time to tell scratchy storebought costumes, "You failed this city!” and take back the night with our DIY Green Arrow costume! The good news is you won't have to perform superhuman feats for this comfy, simple, and affordable costume. All you need to transform your kid into their favorite superhero is our Primary essentials, green felt, and a (toy) bow and arrow!
For the hood and vest:
- Cut two matching rectangles from green felt for the hood and vest - it will be all one piece. Stack the felt on top of each other so they're lined up with the short edge at the top and long edges at the sides. Hot glue the top short edges together to make the top of the hood, and hot glue the left long sides together to make the back of the hood and vest.
- Cut a vertical slit for the arm opening near the bottom middle edge of the rectangle, and leave the bottom edge connected. Attach the front of the vest opening together with fabric tape.
For the mask:
- Cut a green rectangle to fit over the eyes and round the corners. Cut out the eye openings and a curve on the bottom middle edge for the nose. Glue elastic to the sides of the mask to fit over the face.
For the final touches:
- Accessorize with a toy bow and arrow.
- For a DIY baby Green Arrow, use one green baby outfit!
- Have a little one that wants to twirl in a skirt while they practice their super-archery? Add a green skirt!