Goliath Tarantula Spider
- One brown kids outfit
- Brown felt (2 yards)
- Black felt (1 sheet 9”x12”)
- Polyfil (2 bags)
- Brown yarn or string
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Eye spy a GIANT spider. As the name suggests, the Goliath bird-eater spider prefers birds to Halloween candy. The kids might think differently, but they'll love our Primary DIY Goliath Tarantula costume, using our Primary essentials!
For the body bulbs:
- Cut two sets of large ovals from brown felt. Glue half of one of the oval bulb pieces together and stuff with polyfil and glue the rest of the edges closed as you stuff. Repeat for the other set of felt ovals.
- Attach the large bulb to the back bottom edge of the hoodie with safety pins.
For the legs:
- Cut eight long brown felt legs twice the width you'd like them to be. Fold each leg in half lengthwise and trim one end to a point. Hot glue together and glue to the sides of the smaller set of body bulbs from step 1.
- Attach the body bulb to the back of the hoodie with safety pins or you can glue felt straps to the bulb to wear it over the back like a backpack. Use string to attach the felt legs to arm sleeves so all the legs can be lifted up!
For the head:
- Cut and stuff two short brown felt pedipalps (antenna looking feelers on the head) and safety pin them to the front of the hoodie.
- Cut 8 felt circle eyes and glue them in 2 rows of 4 onto a rectangle of brown felt. Attach this eye panel to the hoodie with fabric tape.
- For a DIY baby Goliath Tarantula Spider, use our baby hoodie, babysuit, and baby bottom in chocolate brown!
- Have other kids that want in on the bug lovin' fun? Check out our DIY Butterfly, DIY baby Bumble Bee, DIY kids Bumble Bee, DIY Beetle, DIY Hungry Caterpillar, DIY Love Bug, DIY Praying Mantis, DIY Rainbow Snail, DIY Slug, and DIY Fly costumes!