- One rainbow kids outfit
- White felt (1-2 yards)
- Black felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Double sided fabric tape
- Safety pin
Here's one costume that you definitely won't want to "ghost" this Halloween– the Primary DIY Ghost costume! Your kiddos will be spookily cozy in our Primary essentials. Ghosts are the undisputed highlights of the Halloween season, and your little spirits will steal the spotlight in their crafty costumes (although ghosts typically prefer to linger in the shadows!)*
For the face:
- Cut two oval eyes and a mouth from black felt.
- Attach to the front of the top with double sided fabric tape.
For the ghost poncho:
- Fold a large sheet of white felt in half and cut out a “D” shape in the center on the fold line of the felt. This will be the neck opening for the poncho. Cut a straight slit in the center of the back of this neck opening to make it wider to fit a head into. Use a safety pin to hold this slit together when wearing the costume.
- Cut the front layer of the poncho to have long pointy “shredded” strips, and cut it higher up in the center to show the ghost face on the striped top when worn over the clothes. Cut the back layer to look shredded as well.
- For a DIY baby Ghost, use our babysuit in rainbow!
- For other ghastly looks, check out our DIY Ghostbusters costume!
- Get inspired and browse other classic Halloween costumes for kids and baby