- Hot glue gun
- Measuring tape
Gnomes are definitely our favorite things that live in a garden. Bring this iconic red-capped creature to life with our Primary DIY Garden Gnome costume. The beard might be a bit premature for your kiddo, but that classic color combination is timeless, using our equally timeless Primary essentials. This costume is certainly a good gn-omen for successful trick-or-treating.
For the hat:
- Measure your child’s head and add an inch to the circumference to allow for a seam and measure 12 inches tall.
- Cut a basic cone shape out of felt that looks like a triangle with a rounded bottom. After you make the cuts, fold the hat in half and hot glue the straight edges together
For the beard:
- Google a printable beard pattern, get a piece of white felt and trace the pattern onto it. Add pieces to go around the neck and glue on Velcro to secure the ends of the beard like a bib.
- For an alternate way to create the beard, check out our easy DIY No-Sew Beard tutorial!
For the belt:
- Hot glue a 3.5’’ square of brown felt with the center cut out onto a thick black elastic band. Tie the elastic around their waist.