- One red baby dress
- One black baby bottom
- Black felt (3 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Pink felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Orange felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Green felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Let us paint you a picture: your little one soft and cozy in our Primary essentials all dressed up as the iconic painter and activist Frida Kahlo! Just add a frame and you've got your very own custom Baby-Kahlo self portrait, mandatory unibrow and all.
For the shawl:
- Cut three long rectangles from black felt and glue the short edges together to make one long shawl.
- Make vertical fringe cuts at the bottom edges with scissors.
For the headband:
- Cut thin strips of black felt.
- Hot glue over the top and bottom of the headband to cover it completely.
For the flowers:
- Cut a 3-4 inch diameter circle from the pink, yellow, and orange felt. Starting from the outside edge, cut each circle in a spiral all the way to the center of the circle.
- Roll the spiral cut felt closer together overlapping it a bit to make a rose shape. Hot glue the end and then hot glue the rolled felt on the back side of the flower so it all holds together.
- Cut teardrop shaped leaves from green felt and glue three leaves to the back of each flower.
- Glue the flowers at the top of the headband.
For the unibrow:
- Cut a unibrow from black felt and attach it to the forehead with double sided fabric and skin tape.
- As another option, you could use a makeup pencil to draw on the eyebrow.
- For a DIY kid Frida Kahlo, use our kid dress in red and tights in black!
- Have other little ones that want to be female icons too? Check out our DIY Aretha Franklin, DIY Queen of England, DIY Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and DIY US Women's Soccer Team costumes!