- One red baby dress
- One black baby bottom
- Black felt (3 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Pink felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Orange felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Green felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Let us paint you a picture: your little one soft and cozy in our Primary essentials all dressed up as the iconic painter and activist Frida Kahlo! Just add a frame and you've got your very own custom Baby-Kahlo self portrait, mandatory unibrow and all.
For the shawl:
- Cut three long rectangles from black felt and glue the short edges together to make one long shawl.
- Make vertical fringe cuts at the bottom edges with scissors.
For the headband:
- Cut thin strips of black felt.
- Hot glue over the top and bottom of the headband to cover it completely.
For the flowers:
- Cut a 3-4 inch diameter circle from the pink, yellow, and orange felt. Starting from the outside edge, cut each circle in a spiral all the way to the center of the circle.
- Roll the spiral cut felt closer together overlapping it a bit to make a rose shape. Hot glue the end and then hot glue the rolled felt on the back side of the flower so it all holds together.
- Cut teardrop shaped leaves from green felt and glue three leaves to the back of each flower.
- Glue the flowers at the top of the headband.
For the unibrow:
- Cut a unibrow from black felt and attach it to the forehead with double sided fabric and skin tape.
- As another option, you could use a makeup pencil to draw on the eyebrow.