- One white kids outfit
- 1 yard of a pastel hue pill-free fleece
- 1 yard white gathered lace or gathered ribbon
- Spool of wide white ribbon for ties
- 2 Cardboard circles (size of a paper plate)
- Stuffing (polyfil)
- Black beret
- Small gift bag and printed out macaron label
- Hot glue gun and sticks
This easy DIY French Macaron costume will have everyone saying “Ooh la la!”, and our soft footie will keep your sweet treat warm all Halloween night. Plus, the zipper and easy to remove macaron shell makes diaper changes a piece of cake!
For the macaron shell:
- Trace 1-2 circles (only need 1 if babywearing) using your paper plate as a guide on cardboard and cut out.
- Trace and cut out 1-2 circles of your fleece.
- Cut remainder of fleece into 2 squares that are slightly larger than your cardboard circles.
- Hot glue polyfil to one side of cardboard circles. Use enough to make macaron fluffy.
- Place cardboard circle polyfil side down on top of square of your flannel.
- Begin securing the flannel by pulling it over and behind the circle and securing with hot glue.
- Repeat with other circle of making both sides of macaron.
- Cover the inside of each cardboard circle (the flat side without polyfil) with the circle of fleece and secure with hot glue.
- Attach lace or gathered ribbon trim along edge of each macaron shell with hot glue.
- Cut 4, 6” long pieces of ribbon.
- Attach 2 ribbons to the top of each macaron shell leaving enough room between the ribbons for your child’s head.
For the final touches:
- Design or find a macaron label and print out, then glue to gift bag.
- Put the footie on your child and secure the macaron shells by tying the ribbons together.
- Put on the beret, hand your child the gift bag and voila! The sweetest macaron is tres bon!
- This costume can easily be attached to a front facing baby carrier! Just make only one macaron shell and attach to front of buckle-style carrier. Put baby in carrier (front facing for best effect) and dress mom or dad as a French native ready to indulge in their favorite treat!
- For a DIY kid French Macaron, use our kids top and kids bottom in white!
- Pair your little French Macaron with a DIY Baker!
- "Bake" a whole DIY Dessert crew this Halloween with our DIY Cupcake, DIY Frosted Animal Cracker, DIY Ice Cream Sundae, DIY S'mores, and DIY Frappuccino costumes!
- Looking for more punny costumes? Check out our DIY Pig in a Blanket, DIY Spelling Bee, and DIY Love Bug, DIY Deviled Egg costumes!