- One pink kids top
- One pink tutu skirt
- 1 bag 160 assorted pastel balloons
- 1 gold Chrome 260 balloon
- Chop stick or thin stick
- Glue dots or glue gun
Add a pinch of magic to your family's Halloween with our Primary DIY Fairy (Balloon Wings) costume. You won't need any fairydust to put together this easy craft costume, and our Primary essentials are as soft as gossamer fairy wings! Some people don't believe in fairies – but we don't have to see them to believe in them. Plus, we know one festive fairy who might even get your kiddo to choose magical tricks over sugary treats (although we'll have to see that to believe it)!
For the wings:
- Blow up 6 160 balloons of each of the 4 colors tie and tie the ends to create a circle.
- Fold each balloon in half and squeeze each end to form a pointed ends.
- Glue each balloon inside each other and twist the remaining balloon till it fits inside cut and tie. Do this to each color.
- Attach a deflated balloon to each of the wings to create shoulder straps.
For the wand:
- Put a 260 gold chrome balloon over the stick like you would a sock and tie and snip the end.
- Inflate a 160 half 70% of the way and create little balls by twisting the balloon. Create and tie to form a triangle for every 3 bubbles. Do this 5 times. Adjust to create a star.
- Create a tiny gold balloon with the 160 to place in the center of the wand.
- Balloons are commonly sized with a number so “160 balloon” refers to a specific size. Sometimes you will see it with a “Q” in front as in “160 Q balloon” but they are the same.
- Want to create more balloon costumes? Check out our DIY Gumball Machine (balloon) and DIY Lion (balloon) costumes!
- Have other little ones that want in on the fairy fun? Check out our DIY Fairy (Kiwico) and DIY Tinkerbell costumes!
- Do you have a little one who can't seem to get enough of pinks, purples, rainbows, and sparkles? Check out our DIY Ballerina, DIY Fancy Nancy, DIY Pink Princess, DIY Princess, DIY Rainbow, DIY Simple Rainbow Unicorn, and DIY Unicorn costumes!
- Have other little ones that want in on the folklore fun? Check out our DIY Gnome, DIY Garden Gnome, DIY Russian Nesting Dolls, and DIY Slug (Woodland Family) costumes!