Erik Killmonger (from Black Panther)
When DIY-monger met Killmonger.
- One blue kids top
- One green kids bottom
- Black felt (4 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Mustard yellow felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Green ribbon
- Black elastic
- Paper plates (2)
- Silver metallic paint
- Paint tray or paper plate
- Safety pins (optional)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
With our Primary DIY Erik Killmonger costume, it really will be Wakanda Forever – despite Erik's best efforts! Just because you don't support his villanous behavior doesn't mean you and your kiddo can't appreciate his killer style, with the Primary DIY Killmonger (Black Panther) costume. Your little antagonist will be super comfy in our Primary essentials. The neighbors will Marvel at your crafting skills!
For the chest plates:
- Cut two chest plates from paper plates and paint them silver. Set aside to dry.
For the vest:
- Lay a sheet of 9x12 inch black felt over the top and cut out shoulder and waist straps from the mustard yellow felt. Lay in place.
- Cut a black belt from felt and two smaller rectangles for the “belt loops”. Cut two black felt straps for the waist straps and two straps for the shoulders.
- Glue three strips of green ribbon to each shoulder strap.
- Glue all the straps, belt loops, and belt to the main rectangle of felt.
- Glue the chest plates to the top of the vest piece.
- Flip the vest and tee over to the back and glue the straps on the back to another 9x12 sheet of black felt.
- Cut the back piece up the center for an opening and glue a felt strip along one edge for extra room to secure the vest around the torso. Use fabric tape or safety pins to secure.
For the thigh pouch:
- Cut two matching long black felt rectangles. Hot glue 3 edges together and glue a smaller flap at the top. Cut two matching lengths of black elastic and hot glue to the black rectangle to fit over the thigh.
- For a DIY baby Erik Killmonger, use our baby top blue and [baby bottom](/products/the-baby-sweatpant?ref=EricKillmonger_protips] in gray!
- Have other little ones that want in on the Wakanda fun? Add a DIY Black Panther and DIY Okoye, or check out our DIY Black Panther Group costume page!