Elsa (from Frozen)
- One white kids top
- One blue kids bottom
- Lilac tulle (1 yard)
- White tulle (1 yard)
- Purple & teal glitter paint in a squeeze tube
- White felt (½ yard, 72 inches wide)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
Got some lingering stress about your kiddo's costume? You can Let It Go this Halloween with our easy Primary DIY Elsa (Frozen 2) costume. Bring this powerful princess to life using these simple step-by-step instructions. Your little one certainly won't be Frozen when they're snuggled up in our Primary essentials! King Runeard– and itchy store-bought costumes– have nothing on this awesome Elsa look!
For the top:
- Cut a rectangle of white felt that fits over the chest and torso.
- Use purple and teal glitter paint to make rows of diamond patterns onto the felt. Allow paint to dry for time instructed on the paint bottle. Then attach to the front of the long sleeve slim tee with double sided fabric tape.
For the skirt:
- Cut a long rectangle of white felt that wraps around the waist and overlaps about 3-4 inches, and falls to the knee. The opening will be in the front.
- Round the bottom corners and if needed for shaping, pinch either side of the felt at the waist and glue them together to make darts.
- Fold the lilac tulle in half or thirds lengthwise, depending on the length of tulle needed for the child's height.
- Hot glue the tulle to the skirt waistband, making and glueing pleated folds all along the top edge.
- Attach the skirt around the waist with fabric or safety pins.
For the shoulder pieces:
- Cut two squares of felt 2x2 inches.
- Cut the white tulle in half and fold each piece along one edge so it’s 2 inches wide.
- Hot glue to the bottom half of one felt square, then fold and glue the top half over the tulle.
- Attach to the shoulders of the tee with fabric tape.
- Do you have a little one who can't seem to get enough of sparkles and fancy dresses? Check out our DIY Ballerina, DIY Fairy (balloon), DIY Fairy (Kiwico), DIY Fancy Nancy, DIY Pink Princess, DIY Princess, DIY Rainbow, DIY Simple Rainbow Unicorn, and DIY Unicorn costumes!