An elephant never forgets to say trick-or-treat.
- One gray kids outfit
- Gray felt (2/3 yard)
- Pink felt ( 2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Stuffing (polyfil, felt scraps, tissue, or newspaper)
- Safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
An elephant never forgets and your little one will never forget this unforgettable DIY Elephant costume! Watch them trumpet the night away in the comfort of our soft Primary essentials and easy DIY elephant ears. But wait, don't forget the best part: they can rewear our gray basics after the night is over too - an even better Halloween souvenir than candy!
For the ears:
- Cut four identical oversized ear shapes out of gray felt to create two ears.
- Hot glue the edges of each pair of ear pieces together, leaving an opening at the smaller edge that will attach to the hoodie. Allow to dry, then stuff with cotton balls or paper towels (or old newspaper) before gluing shut.
- Cut two large jelly-bean shapes out of pink felt and hot glue to the middle of each ear.
- Finally, use safety pins to secure the ears to either side of the hood of the hoodie or use a headband.
- Have a baby that wants to be an elephant? Use one gray baby outfit!
- Elephants and peanuts go together like candy and costumes. Check out our DIY Peanut costume!
- Want to turn your little DIY Elephant into a DIY Dumbo by adding a circus squad? Check out our DIY kid Clown, DIY baby Strong Man, DIY baby Lion, DIY kid Lion, DIY Bear, DIY Tiger, DIY Monkey, and DIY Cotton Candy costumes!