- One blue baby top or hoodie
- One blue baby bottom
- Light green felt (3 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Headband or beanie if not using hoodie
- Cardboard (big enough for both wings)
- Green sparkly or shiny fabric
- Gold cord
- Stuffing (felt scraps, newspaper, tissue, or polyfil)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Double sided fabric tape
A screaming baby is a bit like a fire-breathing beast (in the best way)! We're here to help you cuddle a mythical creature this Halloween, with our Primary DIY Dragon costume. You won't have to wing it this year – just follow our easy instructions, using our Primary essentials. Take the drag out of dragon with this cozy classic costume!
For the head scales:
- Cut two matching long rectangles and cut a zig zag shape from the top long edge. Hot glue together and stuff with stuffing.
- Glue a skinny strip of felt to the base to make it easier to attach to the headband or hood of the hoodie. Attach with double sided fabric tape.
For the back scales:
- Repeat instructions for the head scales but make the back scales twice as long.
For the wings:
- Draw baby dragon wing shapes on 2 sheets of cardboard and cut out.
- Glue the green sparkly fabric onto the cardboard and trim the fabric around the edges of the wings. Repeat for the opposite side.
- Hot glue gold cording around the edges of the wings and hot glue the wings to the sides of the back scales.
- Attach the scales and wings with double sided fabric tape to the back of the top or hoodie.
For the tail:
- Draw a skinny tail with a triangle point at the end onto felt. Cut out two matching pieces, and stuff and glue together.
- Attach to the back of the top or hoodie with a safety pin or double sided fabric tape.